Venice & the Veneto - Day Trips from Venice (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Venice chapter from Lonely Planet’s Venice & the Vene-to guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Venice & the Veneto and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Brenta Riviera and Pad-ua.
- The 18th-century Venetian elites gambled away their summers in Palladian-style villas at the Brenta Riviera
- Explore the vibrant university town of Padua and its treasure trove of fresco cycles from its medieval golden age
- Palladio’s adopted home, Vicenza, is defined by the architect’s classical restraint, while its countryside is dotted with his elegant villas
- Prosecco country is just the spot for a glass with hard-working locals in one of the Veneto’s most underrated areas
- Romeo and Juliet were fictional, but Verona’s real history lives on in its Roman arena, Romanesque churches and Renaissance churches
- Valpolicella yields some of Italy’s biggest, boldest reds, while Soave delivers crisp, refresh-ing whites
Coverage includes: Brenta Riviera, Padua, Vicenza, Prosecco Country, Verona, Verona’s Wine Country.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.