Vanuatu & New Caledonia - Vanuatu (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vanuatu chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vanuatu & New Caledonia guidebook.
Vanuatu is an island adventure far beyond any notions of cruise-ship ports and flashy resorts. Deserted beaches, ancient culture, remote and rugged islands and world-class diving are just a small part of the magnetism of this scattered 80-plus island archipelago.
- talk to the gods and hear their thunderous replies punctuated with brilliant volcanic fireworks at Mt Yasur on Tanna
- enjoy the beaches, islands, diving, cultural sites and fine restaurants around Port Vila and Efate
- swim through an underwater world of luxury liners, coral gardens and encrusted caves off Luganville
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Efate, Port Vila & around, Efate Ring Road, Havannah Harbour, West Coast Offshore Islands, Nguna & Pele, Epi, Tanna, East Tanna, West Tanna, Malekula, Lakatoro & around, Uripiv & Uri, The Dog’s Head, Lamap, The Maskelynes, Ambrym, Espiritu Santo, Luganville & around, The East Coast Road, Pentecost, Ambae, Maewo, Banks & Torres Islands, Gaua (Santa Maria), Vanua Lava, Motalava & Rah and Torres Islands.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Vanuatu & New Caledonia - Understand Vanuatu & New Caledonia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)