Vanuatu & New Caledonia - Understand Vanuatu & New Caledonia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history – from the first pots, missionaries and War in the Pacific, to flights, vaccinations and insurance... you name it. Get tips for women travellers and gay and lesbian travellers. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the devastation wrought by Cyclone Pam and the subsequent clean-up and rebuilding process
- info on the many environmental challenges facing Vanuatu
- full coverage of land ownership and traditional village culture
- details on the carving of weapons, bowls, poles, canoes, fern figures and ceremonial masks
Coverage includes: Vanuatu Today, Vanuatu History, Vanuatu Environment: Land Area, Volcanoes & Earthquakes, Wildlife, Plants and Environmental Issues, Traditional Village Culture: Land Ownership and Village Life, Art & Music: Carving, Music, Musical Instruments, Painting and Weaving, Vanuatu’s Local Food: Staples & Specialities, Drinks, Celebrations and Eating Out, Vanuatu Directory A–Z, Vanuatu Transport, Health and Language.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.