Vancouver - Yaletown & Granville Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yaletown & Granville Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver guidebook.
Yaletown and Granville Island lie on opposite banks of False Creek but it’s easy to see both on one day. Save most of your time for Granville Island with its unique shops and public market.
- wander the deli stands of Granville Island Public Market and gather some goodies before you head outside to catch a busker or two and watch the boats slide by in twinkling False Creek
- peruse the eclectic pottery in Gallery of BC Ceramics and pick up a unique local-made souvenir; then wondering how to pack it for home
- dine with Yaletown’s professional socialites in chichi Clue Water Cafe while indulging in top-end seafood dishes
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.