*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Vancouver - Understand Vancouver and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers and travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on the locals and their city, from livability issues to gentrifying neighborhoods
- info on how Vancouver started and then developed, from its Aboriginal heritage to the pioneer era
- full coverage of the eco-minded Vancouverites aiming to paint the city as green as possible
- details on Vancouver’s flourishing, mostly grassroots artistic scene – including what the locals like to see and do
Coverage includes: Vancouver Today: Livability Issues, Development or Gentrification and No Fun City, History: Living off the Land, Captain Van Hits Town, Gold & Timber, From Granville to Vancouver, Growing Pains, Expo-sing the City, Multicultural Milestowns, Going for Gold, Gentrification and Real Estate Rumble, Green Vancouver: Painting the Town Green, On the Ground, Tree Hugging and Green Shoots, Arts & Culture: Visual Arts, Performance Arts, Cinema & Television and Literature, Transportation and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.