Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Vancouver - Understand Vancouver and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
All the info you need on everything from history, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers and travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on the locals and their city, from livability issues to gentrifying neighborhoods
- info on how Vancouver started and then developed, from its Aboriginal heritage to the pioneer era
- full coverage of the eco-minded Vancouverites aiming to paint the city as green as possible
- details on Vancouver’s flourishing, mostly grassroots artistic scene – including what the locals like to see and do
Coverage includes: Vancouver Today: Livability Issues, Development or Gentrification and No Fun City, History: Living off the Land, Captain Van Hits Town, Gold & Timber, From Granville to Vancouver, Growing Pains, Expo-sing the City, Multicultural Milestowns, Going for Gold, Gentrification and Real Estate Rumble, Green Vancouver: Painting the Town Green, On the Ground, Tree Hugging and Green Shoots, Arts & Culture: Visual Arts, Performance Arts, Cinema & Television and Literature, Transportation and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.