*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Vancouver - Gastown & Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gastown & Chinatown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver guidebook.
Radiating from the jaunty Gassy Jack statue in brick-paved Maple Tree Sq, the main thoroughfares of compact Gastown are Powell, Water, Carrall and Alexander Sts. The entire Gastown and Chinatown district is easily explored on foot.
- commune with a clutch of friendly felines and trigger a purr or two at British Columbia’s first cat-themed café, Catfe
- tuck into the city’s best array of regional craft beers while you rub shoulders with the locals at one of the long, candlelit tables in Alibi Room; small sampler glasses recommended
- sink into a state of calm while you watch the bobbling turtles and admire the gnarly bonsai trees in Dr Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.