Vancouver - Downtown & West End (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown & West End chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver guidebook.
Radiating from the intersection of Granville and Georgia Sts, Vancouver’s downtown core is easily walkable. Consider starting a few blocks north on the waterfront at Canada Place heading slightly uphill, with the mountains at your back, along Burrard or Granville Sts.
- stroll or cycle the winding perimeter pathway of Stanley Park Seawall for sigh-triggering views of the forest-fringed ocean, including a multi-hued Third Beach sunset
- rub shoulders with a crowd of arsty locals at a partylike evening FUSE event at Vancouver Art Gallery
- catch a great show and bounce on the famous dance floor at downtown’s favorite live venue, Commodore Ballroom
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.