Vancouver - Day Trips from Vancouver (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Vancouver chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Vancouver and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Victoria and Whistler.
- Victoria is a scenic floatplane hop or languid ferry ride from the mainland. British Columbia’s historic waterfront capital fuses heritage charm, excellent attractions and a pub-tastic craft-beer scene
- Whistler is the region’s favorite outdoor wonderland. This gable-roofed, mountain-framed ski village offers year-round thrills including skiing, rafting and zip-lining
- host to North America’s best Asian dining and night night market scenes, Richmond also incorporates the pretty seaside village of Steveston, home to a couple of great historic attractions
- arrive via scenic floatplane or ferry ride from the mainland to the Southern Gulf Islands; Salt Spring and Galiano feel as if they’re million miles away from the city
Coverage includes: Victoria, Whistler, Richmond & Steveston and Southern Gulf Islands.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.