Vancouver & Victoria - Yaletown & Granville Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yaletown & Granville Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver & Victo-ria guidebook.
A former rail yard on the edge of downtown, Yaletown is now lined with chic restaurants and posh boutiques. Across False Creek, Granville Island was an industrial hub for decades before being transformed in the 1970s into an artistic haven.
- wander the deli stands and gather some goodies at Granville Island Public Market before heading outside to catch a busker or two and watch the boats slide by in twinkling False Creek
- slide across the gently rippling waters of False Creek on a guided urban sunset kayak tour with Ecomarine Paddlesport Centres
- shuck and scoff some of the freshest bivalves you’ve ever eaten at local favorite Rodney’s Oyster House
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.