Vancouver & Victoria - Victoria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Victoria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver & Victoria guide-book.
Victoria has long traded on its British affiliations. But in Victoria 2.0, the food culture embrac-es fusion rather than fish and chips, the beer leans toward craft brews and the abundance of bi-cycles seems to have more in common with Holland than England.
- go full pelt or amble slowly on a bike through leafy woodland on Galloping Goose Trail, running to and from Victoria’s urban core.
- pay homage to Canada’s westernmost province and enjoy world-class temporary exhibi-tions in BC’s most prestigious museum, the Royal BC Museum
- reevaluate the decadent, sometimes squabbling lifestyles of Victoria’s Victorian pioneers at Craigdarroch Castle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, Sleeping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.