Vancouver & Victoria - Understand Vancouver & Victoria and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Vancouver Today, History, Green Vancouver, Arts & Culture, Transportation, and Directory A–Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver & Victoria guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on the issues facing Vancouver today
- info on green Vancouver and its eco-minded citizens
- full coverage of the city’s history, from Indigenous heritage to the pioneer era
- details on Vancouver’s flourishing grassroots arts scene
Coverage includes: Vancouver Today, History, Green Vancouver, Arts & Culture, Transportation, and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout