Vancouver & Victoria - North Shore (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Shore chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver & Victoria guidebook.
A scenic SeaBus hop from downtown Vancouver delivers you to a popular public market plus transit bus links to popular outdoor attractions. Save time for North Van’s landmark new art gallery (plus soon-to-open new museum), helping to transform a once-gritty shipyard district.
- inch across the gently swaying wooden deck at celebrated Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, jelly legs included
- ski or snowboard the winter powder with the locals at Grouse Mountain, or drop by in summer for a full day of hiking and zip-lining
- scratch your chin meaningfully as you peruse the striking contemporary artworks at dra-matic Polygon Gallery on the waterfront
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.