Vancouver & Victoria - Kitsilano & University of British Columbia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kitsilano & University of British Columbia (UBC) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver & Victoria guidebook.
Vancouver’s West Side includes two major highlights: Kitsilano, with its beaches, heritage homes and browsable 4th Ave shopping and dining district; and the verdant UBC campus with its museums, galleries and garden attractions.
- explore Vancouver’s best museum, the Museum of Anthropology, with its immersive array of regional indigenous art and artifacts, as well as fascinating, sometimes mysterious ex-hibits from cultures around the world
- watch a great Shakespeare show at Bard on the Beach, as the sun sets over the moun-tains behind the stage
- shop for outdoor gear, vinyl records and great travel books at West 4th Avenue
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.