Vancouver & Victoria - Gastown & Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gastown & Chinatown chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver & Victo-ria guidebook.
Rapidly transforming in recent years, historic Gastown’s brick-paved streets now house cool independent bars, boutiques and restaurants. Almost as old, sprawling Chinatown has recently begun gentrifying at an even faster rate – hence the new condo blocks and hipster coffee shops.
- tuck into the city’s best array of regional craft beers while rubbing shoulders with the locals at Alibi Room; small sampler glasses recommended
- nose around the artisan stalls, vintage-clothing stands and tasty food trucks at Eastside Flea
- discover the city’s murky, sometimes murderous past at hidden-gem Vancouver Police Museum & Archives; summertime Sins of the City walking tours included
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout