Vancouver & Victoria - Downtown & West End (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown & West End chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver & Victo-ria guidebook.
Vancouver’s bustling heart occupies an ocean-fringed peninsula that divides into three: the grid-pattern city center of glass towers fanning from the intersection of Granville and West Geor-gia Sts; the West End’s well-maintained residential streets; and Stanley Park, Canada’s finest urban green space.
- stroll or cycle the winding perimeter pathway of Stanley Park Seawall for incredible views of the forest-fringed ocean
- spot the multiple ocean- and transport-themed motifs on the exterior of Marine Building, an art-deco skyscraper masterpiece, then duck inside to peruse the grand marble lobby
- nose around the antique-lined rooms of handsome Roedde House Museum, an evocative reminder of well-to-do yesteryear Vancouver
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.