Vancouver & Victoria - Day Trips from Vancouver (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Vancouver chapter from Lonely Planet’s Vancouver & Victo-ria guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Vancouver & Victoria and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Whistler and Richmond & Steveston.
- The region’s favorite outdoor wonderland, mountain-framed Whistler offers year-round thrills including skiing, rafting and zip-lining
- Hosting North America’s best Asian dining scene, Richmond also incorporates the pretty seaside village of Steveston, home to some great historic attractions
- On a scenic floatplane or ferry ride from the mainland, islands such as Salt Spring and Galiano will feel as if they’re million miles away from the city
Coverage includes: Whistler, Richmond & Steveston, Southern Gulf Is-lands.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout