USA's National Parks - The Southwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guide-book.
The Southwest lures travellers with giant arches, desert mesas, canyons and ancient petro-glyphs Whether you’re admiring a giant cactus or the polished walls of a narrow slot canyon, one thing’s clear: water rules all here.
- feel miniscule in front of the Grand Canyon
- drive Big Bend’s scenic roads
- witness Island in the Sky’s enthralling views
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Arches National Park, Big Bend National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Capitol Reed National Park, Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Great Basin National Park, Guadalupe Mountains Na-tional Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Petrified Forest National Park, Saguaro National Par and Zion National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation