USA's National Parks - The South (PDF Chapter)
This is the South chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guide-book.
Mighty mountains, meandering waterways, yawning caves...all are gathered in the South. Here you’ll find America’s most-visited national park, the Great Smoky Mountains, replete with sparkling waterfalls and foggy peaks to conquer.
- drink in panoramic views on the Charlies Bunion & Kephart Loop
- gawp at grottoes in Mammoth Cave
- canoe among cypresses in Congaree
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Congaree National Park, Great Smoky Mountains Na-tional Park, Hot Springs National Park, and Mammoth Cave National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.