USA's National Parks - The East (PDF Chapter)
This is the East chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
From Maine’s rocky shores to Florida’s tropical birds and endless shades of blues and greens, the Atlantic and Appalachia defy expectations. Often overshadowed by the mighty vistas out West, this massive swath of land is home to diverse ecosystems.
- take to the trailheads to experience the magic of the Great Smoky Mountains
- watch for birds, reptiles and an array of plant life in the mangroves and forests of Everglades National Park
- road trip through the Appalachians on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Classic Trip: The Civil War Tour, Acadia National Park, Biscayne National Park, Congaree National Park, Dry Tortugas National Park, Everglades National Park, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Hot Springs National Park, Mammoth Cave National Park and Shenandoah National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.