USA's National Parks - Southwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
Giant arches, desert mesas, vast canyons and ancient petroglyphs – for many, the Southwest is the most visually spectacular region in the country, whether you’re admiring a giant saguaro cactus or the polished sandstone walls of a narrow slot canyon.
- hike the classic corridor route through Grand Canyon National Park
- follow the Virgin River into a narrow slot canyon on the Narrows hike in Zion National Park
- explore the ethereal cave world at Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Classic Trip: Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks, Arches National Park, Big Bend National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Capitol Reed National Park, Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Great Basin National Park, Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Petrified Forest National Park, Saguaro National Par and Zion National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.