USA's National Parks - Rocky Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
The Rockies continue to embody the spirit of the American frontier, and the range’s parks re-main among the country’s most prized. Yellowstone, the world’s first national park, is the superstar, with primordial geysers and mega wildlife sightings at every turn.
- spot bears, bison and geysers at Yellowstone National Park
- climb the craggy walls of Grand Teton National park
- roam the Great Sand Dunes desertscapes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Glacier National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Rocky Mountain Na-tional Park and Yellowstone National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.