USA's National Parks - Rocky Mountains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
Wildflower-strewn meadows and jagged peaks form the backbone of the continent along the Great Divide. Equally rich in wildlife, untrammeled wilderness and Wild West history, the Rockies continue to embody the spirit of the American frontier.
- spot bears, bison and geysers at Yellowstone National Park
- climb the craggy walls of Grand Teton National park
- scale Longs Peak or just ogle its glaciated slopes from below in Rocky Mountain National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Classic Trip: Grand Teton to Yellowstone, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Glacier National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park and Yellowstone National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.