USA's National Parks - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to the USA’S National Parks, Top 15, Best Hiking, Best Wildlife Watching, Best Views, Best Winter Wonderlands, Best Adventures, Best Family Experiences, Month by Month, Get Inspired and Need to Know chapters from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
Your journey to the USA’s national parks starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus information on what to take and services and facilities within the parks
- features on finding the best hiking spots, the most rewarding wildlife watching areas and the most spectacular viewpoints
- list of highlights and every national park covered by this guide
- everything you need to know about festivals and events
- user-friendly information on accommodations and transportation options
Coverage includes: Welcome to the USA’S National Parks, Top 15, Best Hiking, Best Wildlife Watching, Best Views, Best Winter Wonderlands, Best Adventures, Best Family Experiences, Month by Month, Get Inspired and Need to Know.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation