USA's National Parks - Pacific Northwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pacific Northwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
Lush rainforests and volcanic peaks are the hallmarks of the Pacific Northwest. Glacial snowfields emerge from a sea of clouds, and stands of massive Douglas fir and red cedar serve as reminders of what the continent’s forests must have once looked like.
- day hike among wildflower meadows or tramp across snow fields in Mount Rainer National Park
- skip the cruise ship and paddle your way through Glacier Bay National Park
- snap North America’s highest mountain, the hulking icy mass that is Denali (Mt McKinley)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Classic Trip: Up the Inside Passage, Crater Lake National Park, Denali National Park, Gates of the Arctic & Kobuk Valley National Parks, Glacier Bay National Park, Katmai National Park, Kenai Fjords National Park, Lake Clark National Park, Mount Rainer National Park, North Cascades National Park, Olympic National Park and Wrangell-St Elias National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.