USA's National Parks - New England & the Mid-Atlantic (PDF Chapter)
This is the New England & the Mid-Atlantic chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
New England undulates with the rolling hills and rocky peaks of the ancient Appalachian Mountains. By the coast, views of thrashing surf inspire; inland, the rugged landscape begs to be explored on leisurely scenic drives.
- drive the spectacular Acadia National Park road trip
- admire mountain vistas along Skyline Drive
- cycle Acadia’s fable carriage roads
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Acadia National Park, and Shenandoah National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.