USA's National Parks - Hawaii & US Territories (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hawaii & US Territories chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
Hawaii may evoke visions of surfboards, palm-fringed beaches, hulas and leis, but the state’s national parks reveal a very different side. On Hawaii’s Big Island, you can observe creation itself at Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, home to the world’s longest continuous volcanic eruption.
- motor through ever-changing tropical scenery on your way down Kilauea Volcano in Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- get up early to watch the sun rise in Haleakalā National Park
- hike along a coral-fringed bay in the National Park of American Samoa or take one of the 20 trails through Virgin Islands National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Haleakalā National Park, Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, National Park of American Samoa and Virgin Islands National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.