USA's National Parks - Great Lakes & Great Plains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Lakes & Great Plains chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
With howling wolves, shaggy bison and sweeping prairies, the Great Lakes and Great Plains are truly wild. The lakes, carved out by glaciers and filled with melting snow and ice, seem like boundless inland seas.
- spot wildlife along trails in Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- cycle Cuyahoga Valley’s Scenic Railroad
- marvel at Badlands’ vivid colours and stark shapes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Badlands National Park, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Gateway Arch National Park, Isle Royale National Park, Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Voyageurs National Park and Wind Cave National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.