USA's National Parks - Great Lakes & Great Plains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Lakes & Great Plains chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
The domain of haunting loon calls and howling wolves, shaggy bison and sweeping prairie vistas, the Great Lakes and Great Plains may surprise you with their wildness. ‘Great’ is the operative word here: the lakes are so huge they seem like inland seas.
- drive the stunning Hwy 240 in Badlands National Park
- journey across Lake Superior to the wilds of Isle Royale National Park
- tour one of the world’s longest caves in Wind Cave National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Classic Trip: Black Hills Loop, Badlands National Park, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Isle Royale National Park, Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Voyageurs National Park and Wind Cave National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.