USA's National Parks - California (PDF Chapter)
This is the California chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guide-book.
From misty forests to sun-kissed beaches, the Golden State is an all-seasons outdoor play-ground. California has it all: the arid expanses of the Mojave Desert reach almost to the Pacific’s underwater kelp forests, while mighty redwoods line the northern coast.
- roam from waterfalls to granite monoliths in Yosemite Valley
- gaze up at gigantic trees in Redwood
- be awed by Death Valley’s dunes and mountains
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Channel Islands National Park, Death Valley National Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Pinnacles National Park, Redwood National Park, Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only. *Not available for newer titles
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.