USA's National Parks - California (PDF Chapter)
This is the California chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
Thunderous waterfalls, glacier-carved valleys and the world’s tallest, biggest and oldest trees are just some of the natural wonders that California offers: it’s no surprise that the state has more national parks than anywhere else in the United States.
- see the big sights of Yosemite National Park for yourself: Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, El Capitan and the Royal Arches
- crane your neck at the world’s tallest trees in Redwood National Park
- climb the quarter-mile staircase to Moro Rock and marvel at the Great Western Divide in Sequoia National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Classic Trip: Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, Channel Islands National Park, Death Valley National Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Pinnacles National Park, Redwood National Park, Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.