USA's National Parks - Alaska & the Pacific Northwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alaska & the Pacific Northwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks guidebook.
Lush rainforests and volcanic peaks are the hallmarks of the Pacific Northwest. Glacial snow-fields emerge from a sea of clouds, and stands of massive Douglas fir and red cedar serve as re-minders of what the continent’s forests must have once looked like.
- see the moss-draped trees of the thick, wet Hoh Rain Forest
- cycle or bus Denali’s long and winding Park Rd
- hike among wildflower meadows by Mt Rainier
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Crater Lake National Park, Denali National Park, Gates of the Arctic & Kobuk Valley National Parks, Glacier Bay National Park, Katmai National Park, Ke-nai Fjords National Park, Lake Clark National Park, Mt Rainer National Park, North Cascades Na-tional Park, Olympic National Park and Wrangell-St Elias National Park.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.