USA's Best Trips - The Southwest Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
Mother nature had some fun in the Southwest. Red rock canyons crack across ancient plateaus. Hoodoos cluster like conspirators on remote slopes. Whisper-light sand dunes shimmer on distant horizons. Wildflowers, saguaros and ponderosa pines lure you in for a closer look.
- cowboy up in Wickenburg, enjoy views in Jerome, then applaud the Grand Canyon
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- find red rock grandeur and untouched wilderness in Zion & Bryce National Parks
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- experience ancient and modern-day indigenous tribal cultures on the Monument Valley & Trail of the Ancients trip
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Fantastic Canyon Voyage, Zion & Bryce National Parks, Monument Valley & Trail of the Ancients, High & Low Roads to Taos, Big Bend Scenic Loop, Hill Country