*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
USA's Best Trips - The Southwest Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
Mother nature had some fun in the Southwest. Red rock canyons crack across ancient plateaus. Hoodoos cluster like conspirators on remote slopes. Whisper-light sand dunes shimmer on distant horizons. Wildflowers, saguaros and ponderosa pines lure you in for a closer look.
- cowboy up in Wickenburg, enjoy views in Jerome, then applaud the Grand Canyon
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- find red rock grandeur and untouched wilderness in Zion & Bryce National Parks
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- experience ancient and modern-day indigenous tribal cultures on the Monument Valley & Trail of the Ancients trip
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Fantastic Canyon Voyage, Zion & Bryce National Parks, Monument Valley & Trail of the Ancients, High & Low Roads to Taos, Big Bend Scenic Loop, Hill Country
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.