USA's Best Trips - Rocky Mountains Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountains Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
An endless network of lonely highways snakes between snow-capped peaks, scales impossible passes, follows crystal-clear rivers and penetrates rugged canyons. You’ll easily drive hours through forests thick with bears, deer, elk and ospreys without passing a town.
- get the consummate parks experience, from Grand Teton to Yellowstone, with outstanding wildlife, gushing geysers and alpine scenery
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- drive Glacier National Park’s backbone, with steep switchbacks, waterfalls and glistening glacier views on Going-to-the-Sun Road
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- encounter Wild West ghost towns, soaring ski resorts and alpine bliss at the Top of the Rockies
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Grand Teton to Yellowstone, Going-to-the-Sun Road, Top of the Rockies, San Juan Skyway & Million Dollar Highway