USA's Best Trips - Rocky Mountains Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountains Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
An endless network of lonely highways snakes between snow-capped peaks, scales impossible passes, follows crystal-clear rivers and penetrates rugged canyons. You’ll easily drive hours through forests thick with bears, deer, elk and ospreys without passing a town.
- get the consummate parks experience, from Grand Teton to Yellowstone, with outstanding wildlife, gushing geysers and alpine scenery
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- drive Glacier National Park’s backbone, with steep switchbacks, waterfalls and glistening glacier views on Going-to-the-Sun Road
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- encounter Wild West ghost towns, soaring ski resorts and alpine bliss at the Top of the Rockies
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Grand Teton to Yellowstone, Going-to-the-Sun Road, Top of the Rockies, San Juan Skyway & Million Dollar Highway
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.