USA's Best Trips - Pacific Northwest Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pacific Northwest Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
Geological events over thousands of years have dramatically shaped the Pacific Northwest. Left behind are snowcapped mountain ranges, rocky islands, hundreds of waterfalls, natural hot springs and one particularly lovely gorge.
- cowboy up in Wickenburg, enjoy views in Jerome, then applaud the Grand Canyon
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- find red rock grandeur and untouched wilderness in Zion & Bryce National Parks
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- experience ancient and modern-day indigenous tribal cultures on the Monument Valley & Trail of the Ancients
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Cascade Drive, Olympic Peninsula Loop, On the Trail of Lewis & Clark, Highway 101 Oregon Coast, Oregon Cascades Scenic Byways, Crater Lake Circuit