USA's Best Trips - New York & the Mid-Atlantic Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the New York & the Mid-Atlantic Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
Along the East Coast, sandwiched between the picturesque hamlets of New England and the gracious plantations of the South, you’ll find the Northeast Corridor. Stretching from Washington DC to Boston, this scenic strip includes America’s most dynamic, cosmopolitan metropolis: New York.
- meander along lakeside roads past dozens of vineyards to deep gorges and ravines for hiking on the Finger Lakes Loop
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore boardwalks and beaches galore for classic Jersey Shore summertime fun
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- snake along back roads past farmers markets through Amish countryside in Pennsylvania Dutch Country
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Finger Lakes Loop, the Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Maryland’s National Park, the Civil War Route, Skyline Drive.