USA's Best Trips - New York & the Mid-Atlantic Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the New York & the Mid-Atlantic Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
Along the East Coast, sandwiched between the picturesque hamlets of New England and the gracious plantations of the South, you’ll find the Northeast Corridor. Stretching from Washington DC to Boston, this scenic strip includes America’s most dynamic, cosmopolitan metropolis: New York.
- meander along lakeside roads past dozens of vineyards to deep gorges and ravines for hiking on the Finger Lakes Loop
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore boardwalks and beaches galore for classic Jersey Shore summertime fun
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- snake along back roads past farmers markets through Amish countryside in Pennsylvania Dutch Country
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Finger Lakes Loop, the Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Maryland’s National Park, the Civil War Route, Skyline Drive.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.