USA's Best Trips - New England Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the New England Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
New England is synonymous with a memorable medley of sights, smells and sounds: craggy coastlines dotted with lonely lighthouses; lobsters, fresh from the sea; the shimmering colors of the autumnal flag flanking a quiet country road; and old, ivy-clad colleges.
- connect fishing villages, trading ports and naval centres on the ultimate coastal drive
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- catch the best of the fall foliage, with dappled trails and awesome views
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- explore the founding days of American on the Rhode Island drive: East Bay drive
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Coastal New England, Fall Foliage Tour, Rhode Island East Bay, Lake Champlain, Vermont’s Spine: Route 100, Ivy League Tour, Acadia Byway.