USA's Best Trips - Great Plains Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Plains Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
The states of the Great Plains are more than happy to transition you between east and west. But if you slow down, they’ll open the door, invite you in and share with you some of the country’s finest history, scenery and yarns of adventure.
- learn the heartbreaking stories of Oklahoma’s Native Americans on Oklahoma’s Tribal Trails
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow the trails and tales of early travelers as you explore Nebraska on the Pioneer Trails
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- combine icons, beauty and fun for the perfect trip on Black Hills Loop
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Oklahoma’s Tribal Trails, On the Pioneer Trail, Black Hills Loop, The Mighty Mo