USA's Best Trips - Great Plains Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Plains Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
The states of the Great Plains are more than happy to transition you between east and west. But if you slow down, they’ll open the door, invite you in and share with you some of the country’s finest history, scenery and yarns of adventure.
- learn the heartbreaking stories of Oklahoma’s Native Americans on Oklahoma’s Tribal Trails
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow the trails and tales of early travelers as you explore Nebraska on the Pioneer Trails
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- combine icons, beauty and fun for the perfect trip on Black Hills Loop
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Oklahoma’s Tribal Trails, On the Pioneer Trail, Black Hills Loop, The Mighty Mo
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.