*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
USA's Best Trips - Great Lakes Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Lakes Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
The Great Lakes themselves are huge, like inland seas. Dairy farms and orchards blanket the region, meaning fresh pie and ice cream await trip-takers. Big cities such as Chicago and Minneapolis rise up and provide awesome doses of culture and entertainment.
- take a spin along Lake Michigan’s shore, featuring beaches, wineries and island-hopping
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- trace the Mississippi River through bluff-strewn scenery and retro small towns along the Great River Road
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- pass waterfalls and moose on Highway 61, hugging Lake Superior’s rugged edge
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Michigan’s Gold Coast, Along the Great River Road, Highway 61.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.