USA's Best Trips - Florida & the South Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Florida & the South Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
Life is rich – make that indulgent – in the southern states. The food, music, culture, history, all of it is robust, spiced to the hilt, and exhilaratingly full of life.
- embark on an adventure that runs the length of the Atlantic Coast on Highway 1
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore bayous, dance halls, craw-fish boils and folk ways in Louisiana’s idiosyncratic Acadiana region
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take a soulful ramble to the roots of Americal popular music on the Blues Highway
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Highway 1, Cajun Country, The Blues Highway, Natchez Trace Parkway, Blue Ridge Parkway, The Great Smokies.