USA's Best Trips - Florida & the South Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Florida & the South Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
Life is rich – make that indulgent – in the southern states. The food, music, culture, history, all of it is robust, spiced to the hilt, and exhilaratingly full of life.
- embark on an adventure that runs the length of the Atlantic Coast on Highway 1
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore bayous, dance halls, craw-fish boils and folk ways in Louisiana’s idiosyncratic Acadiana region
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take a soulful ramble to the roots of Americal popular music on the Blues Highway
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Highway 1, Cajun Country, The Blues Highway, Natchez Trace Parkway, Blue Ridge Parkway, The Great Smokies.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.