USA's Best Trips - Classic Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Classic Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
All of our trips show you the best of the region, but we’ve chosen some as our all-time favourites. Our 15 Classic Trips lead you to the most iconic sights, the top activities and the unique USA experiences.
- explore the USA’s glorious national parks and natural beauty
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- from fall foliage to surf beaches, experience iconic USA
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Chicago, Springfield, IL, St Louis, Kansas, Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Tucumcari, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Petrified Forest National Park, Oatman, Amboy, Barstow, Santa Monica, Las Vegas, Valley of Fire State Park, Zion National Park, Kanab, Grand Canyon National Park North Rim, Horseshoe Bend, Monument Valley, Four Corners Monument, Mesa Verde National Park, Williams, Grand Canyon National Park South Rim, Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.