USA's Best Trips - California Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the California Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
Hang tight around curves that hug the coastline on legendary Hwy 1, stringing together sandy beaches, surf and seafood shacks; follow country lanes to famous Napa and Sonoma Valley vineyards. Honestly, there’s no such thing as a wrong turn here. In California, dreaming comes with the territory.
- tick off the highlights on an spic trip from the Golden State to Nevada’s Las Vegas
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- take in beaches, redwood forests and more on the Pacific Coast Highway
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- be awed by Sierra Nevada peaks, wildflower meadows, sequoias and waterfalls in Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: [California’s Greatest Hits & Las Vegas, Pacific Coast Highways, Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, Disneyland & Orange County Beaches, Palm Springs & Joshua Tree Oases, Eastern Sierra Scenic Byway, Highway 49 Through Gold Country
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map