USA's Best Trips
4th Edition Jun 2021
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips, your passport to coast-to-coast advice on uniquely encountering the USA by car. Featuring 51 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can wind your way down the California Coast, gaze up at the Rocky Mountains, or immerse yourself in New England's history, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips:
Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020's COVID-19 outbreak
Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored trips for your needs and interests
Useful features - including:
- Stretch Your Legs: the best things to do outside the car
- Detours: delightful diversions to see the USA's highlights along the way
- Link Your Trip: cruise from one driving route to the next
Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
Regional chapters cover New York, the Mid-Atlantic, New England, Florida, the South, the Great Plains, Rocky Mountains, California, the Pacific Northwest and more.
15 classic trips plus other lesser-know drives, including:
- Route 66 (14 days)
- Four Corners Cruise (10 days)
- Grand Teton to Yellowstone (7 days)
- Highway 1 (6 days)
- Monument Valley and Trail of the Ancients (5 days)
- Cascade Drive (4-5 Days)
- Bay Area Culinary Tour (2-3 days)
- Going-to-the-Sun Road (2-3 days)
- and more!
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips is perfect for exploring the USA via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
You are viewing a Trips Country guideWhat is a Trips Country guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map