*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
USA - Washington, DC & the Capital Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Washington, DC & the Capital Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
The city holds iconic monuments, vast (and free) museums plus venerable restaurants serving global cuisines, sprawling markets, heady multicultural nightspots and verdant parks. Further afield are craggy mountains, rushing rivers, vast nature reserves and sparkling beaches perfect for exploration and outdoor activities.
- visit Washington’s Smithsonian Institution museums, then watch the sun set over Lincoln Memorial
- trace America’s roots at the living-history museum of Colonial Williamsburg
- explore the region’s nautical past with a pub crawl through Baltimore’s cobblestoned port-town neighborhood of Fell’s Point
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, History, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.