*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
USA - Washington, DC & the Capital Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Washington, DC & the Capital Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
No matter your politics, it’s hard not to fall for the nation’s capital, with its iconic monuments, vast museums and venerable restaurants. Beyond the Beltway, the diverse landscapes of Mary-land, Virginia, West Virginia and Delaware offer potent enticement to travel beyond the marble city.
- visit Washington, DC’s museums, including the awe-inspiring National Air and Space Museum
- watch the sun set over the Lincoln Memorial
- trace America’s roots at the living-history museum of Colonial Williamsburg
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Washington, DC, Maryland, Baltimore, Annapolis, Eastern Shore, Ocean City, Western Maryland, Delaware, Delaware Beaches, Wilmington, Brandywine Valley, New Castle, Dover, Virginia, Northern Virginia, Fredericksburg, Richmond, Historic Triangle, Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, The Piedmont, Shenandoah Valley, Blue Ridge Highlands & Southwest Virginia, West Virginia, Eastern Panhandle, Monongahela Na-tional Forest, Southern West Virginia.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.