USA - Washington. DC & the Capital Region (PDF Chapter)
This is the Washington, DC & the Capital Region chapter from Lonely Planet’s USA guidebook.
It’s hard not to fall for the nation’s capital. Iconic monuments and vast (and free) museums are just the beginning of the great DC experience. There’s much more to discover: leafy, cobble-stoned neighborhoods, sprawling markets, heady multicultural nightspots and global cuisine.
- visit DC’s museums, including the awe-inspiring National Air & Space Museum
- watch the sun set over the Lincoln Memorial
- trace America’s roots at Colonial Williamsburg
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Washington, DC, Maryland, Baltimore, Annapolis, Eastern Shore, Ocean City, Delaware, Delaware Coast, Wilmington & Brandywine Valley, Dover, Virginia, Historic Triangle, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, The Piedmont, Shenandoah Valley, Blue Ridge Highlands, West Virginia, Eastern Panhandle, Monongahela National Forest, New River & Greenbrier Valley.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation